We offer our clients contraceptive advice and treatment options. Each client is treated according to their particular circumstances and contraceptive needs.
We obtain detailed history from each client including their past medical history, drug history including over the counter medications (OTC medications), any complementary or herbal medications, pregnancy/obstetric and gynaecological history.
We then discuss contraceptive options, detailing the advantages and disadvantages of each method. This allows our clients the opportunity to make an informed decision about their contraceptive choices.
Contraceptive options available:
- The Combined Oral contraceptives.
- The Progestogen only pill (also called the Mini Pill).
- Contraceptive Intrauterine System (IUS).
- Contraceptive IUD (Coil).
- Contraceptive injection.
- Contraceptive Implant.
- Contraceptive patches.
- Contraceptive Ring.
- Sterilisation – Vasectomy in males and Female sterilisation.
- Emergency Contraception.
Factors to consider before deciding on the choice of contraceptive method:
- How successful is this rate of contraceptive – success rate?
- Possible risks and side-effects of the contraceptive method on offer.
- Plans for future pregnancies.
- Personal preference of the patient.
- If you have a medical condition, or take medicines that interact with the method, for example anti-epileptic medications.
For more information, please click on the link to see our CONTRACEPTIVE FACT FILE.