Our General Health Screening programme is a proactive strategy to our clients’ health and well-being. It is primarily a preventive health service. It enables us to identify any condition that our clients may be at risk of and may not be aware of. It offers us the opportunity to recommend some changes in lifestyle including drug and alcohol use, diet, exercise, weight control, smoking cessation and issues relating to work life balance.
General health screening is particularly useful in individuals at high risk of certain conditions. Screening is particularly helpful in the diagnosis of certain conditions including high blood pressure, low blood count anaemia, diabetes and raised cholesterol. Identifying certain conditions during screening including high blood pressure and raised cholesterol may be particularly helpful in preventing premature death and disability including stroke and heart attacks through primary preventive measures including treatment for hypertension, treatment to lower cholesterol and the use of blood thinning medications including low dose aspirin.
After completing each examination we provide a detailed report and suggested Action Plans which our clients could follow up with their chosen family Doctor or through our services.
We undertake some of these tests during Health Screenings:
- Personal Medical Report.
- Medical History including detailed history and any medical concerns.
- A full review of any current Medications both prescribed, OTC and any complementary medications and any known allergies.
- Lifestyle Assessment including diet and exercise.
- Physical Examination.
- Height, Weight, BMI and abdominal girth.
- Blood Pressure & Pulse.
- Detailed Blood Analysis.
- Health Promotion Literature.
- Urine Analysis for glucose, protein and blood.
- Diabetes Risk.
- Anaemia Risk.
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk including resting ECG (Echocardiogram) can be arranged in certain circumstances.
- Thyroid Disease Risk.
- Liver Disease Risk.
- Kidney Disease Risk including eGFR.
- Cholesterol Levels Risk.
- Advice on self breast examination for all females.
- Advice on self testicular examination for all men.
- Prostate Disease Test for those over the age of 50 especially including PSA test.
- Ovarian Cancer Test for women over the age of 50 especially.
- Flu vaccination status and Flu Vaccinations.
- Lung Function tests can be arranged in certain instances.
- Test for Gout if requested.
- Referral for further tests (to other specialists if required).
- Stress analysis.
- Breast awareness in women.
- Testicular awareness in men.
- HIV screen.
- Rubella screen.
- 24hour BP analysis in some cases.
- Bowel Cancer screen in certain cases especially depending on family and personal history.
We offer 4 levels of general health screenings to cater for the different requirements of our clients:
This is the entry level (or basic level) General Health Screen and this package offers our clients the opportunity to undergo general health screening which usually lasts an average of 30 minutes.
- All our clients complete a comprehensive health questionnaire prior to the consultation. This entails details of the past medical and family history and lifestyle, including smoking habit, alcohol and drug use any current prescribed medications, OTC (Over the Counter Medications), any use of complementary medications and any known allergies.
- Blood pressure check.
- Weight and height, abdominal girth, waist circumference, and BMI (Body Mass Index) check.
- Urinalysis (looking for proteins, blood or glucose in the urine).
- Cardiovascular risk assessment.
- Lipid profile or Cholesterol check.
This package is the second level General Health Screen and includes the following, in addition to all that in the Bronze Package described above.
- General physical examination including testicular awareness in men and breast awareness in females.
- ECG – 12 Leads ECG.
- Blood tests including Full Blood Count (FBC), kidney test, liver test, bone chemistry, Thyroid function tests, PSA in Men over 50 years in age and Ca125 in Women over 50 years in age.
- Flu vaccination status and Flu vaccinations.
This is the third level of the General Health Screen and includes every assessment offered in the Bronze and Silver Packages along with:
- Spirometry or lung function test.
- Stress analysis.
This is the highest level package for any client who wishes to have the ultimate and most comprehensive General Health Screen. It includes every test or assessment in the Bronze, Silver and Gold packages as well as:
- Stress ECG.
- Echocardiogram in some cases.
Additional General Health Screening Tests Available Upon Demand Depending On Individual Circumstances:
- Mammogram for patients who may be at high risk of breast cancer depending on their family history and personal circumstances – Breast Cancer Screen.
- Menopause Profile. This is offered to our female clients aged 40+ years who may be at risk of early menopause or those who may want to find out through blood test if they may be nearing their menopause or have premature menopause.
- Ovarian Cancer screening could be done in isolation and this involves a detailed Pelvic scan and a blood test looking at the levels of the tumour marker CA125 in the blood.
- Osteoporosis profile can also be requested separately depending on the individual circumstances, family history and drug history. It includes a blood test called the Bone Profile and a Bone Density Scan known as a DEXA scan.
- Testicular Cancer screen. This cancer is common in males in the age group 20-40 years of age and could affect up to 10 males per 100,000 per year. 92% of these tumours are known to be malignant and testicular cancers account for 1-2% of all male cancers. This test includes detailed Ultra Sound Scan (USS scan of the testicles) and a blood test to measure the tumour markers in the blood including Alpha Feto-Proteins (AFP) and Human Chorionic Gonadotrophins (HCG levels).
- Prostate Cancer Screen for men over the age of 45 years. This includes a blood test called PSA – Prostate Specific Antigen and detailed Pelvic Ultra Sound of the prostate.
- Audiogram. This is a hearing test aimed at screening for any hearing impairment. This is particularly relevant to our corporate clients and may form part of the Occupational Health Screening and follow-up assessment.
- Shingles Vaccine – ZOSTAVAX. This is licensed for adults over 50 years to prevent shingles. It contains weakened chickenpox virus and works by helping the immune system protect you from getting shingles. If you get shingles even though you have been vaccinated, Zostavax may help prevent the nerve pain that can follow shingles in some people. Please click here for more information on Zostavax.
Please contact us for further details and a quote.